The entrance to the passage grave.
The structure is not wholly original, the
northern (right) orthostat is a replacement,
as is the stone just visible behind it in the passage. It is not known exactly when the originals
were removed, but the fragments of the internal stone were found to have been used in
dry stone walling erected in the 1920's. It is probable that the removal of the northern stone
occurred as part of the final sealing of the grave, but there have been speculations that
the stone could have been removed as late as the Middle Ages.