The roof of the main chamber (left is NE).
The oversailing walls reduce the gap to be spanned by the roofslabs very effectively, the 1.8m floor level width of the chamber
being halved to only 0.9m. There is some confusion regarding the originality of the roof slabs, Farrer (2) does not mention
any intact roofing during his 1868 investigations, but Childe (4) records four slabs in place at the southern end
of chamber in 1951, a situation in agreement with the view above.